• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors get messed up when bringing illustrator file to AE

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having a strange issue with some colors shifting when I import my AI file into AE. Some shapes randomly change color when I switch between comps. If I break AI layers into shapes or use Overlord everything is fine. But if keep them as AI layers they keep changing. 

As you can see in the pic, the top part of the left leg is normal b.c. it's a shape, and the bottom part of the leg looks redder, b.c. it's an AI layer. Same goes for the right hand. 

And it's not all the colors and shapes. It just picks random shapes and decides to mess them up. In particular, it doesn't like this orange and yellow. green looks fine.  And I guess the workaround would be to convert everything into shapes, but I'd rather not, b.c. the legs are so complex and I am using puppet pins to control them. 

There was a similar issue here and the answer was to check the RGB settings of both files and I did - they match. But it doesn't help. I restarted and updated both apps. Nothing helps. It looks like a bug, b.c. it just randomly changes colors on me. But maybe I am missing some kind of setting? Any thoughts? Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Check the Appearance panel in AI and show us the actual layer structure in AI. This could simply be some stray shape artifacts or an odd grouping/ compound path issue as well as something not being right with the blend settings in AE or an inactive extra appearance effect messing things up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you choose Adobe RGB or Rec.709 in RGB option of Color Settings from Edit menu in Illustrator and then import the file into After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't do anything 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Appearance panel in AI and show us the actual layer structure in AI. This could simply be some stray shape artifacts or an odd grouping/ compound path issue as well as something not being right with the blend settings in AE or an inactive extra appearance effect messing things up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG, you're the savior! There was a hidden bitmap img hiding behind the background. As soon as I deleted it, everything went back to normal. Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines