• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Change when importing Illustrator Files into After Effects

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import Illustrator Files into a new After Effects project the colours change and are not true to the original artwork. I am working in RGB colour for both documents and have checked the colour settings between both applications and files and all seem to be the same. I working from MAC (latest OS version and After Effects and Illustrator versions both up to date too). Any ideas what could be causing this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, are you actually using color management by enabling proof previews and having your monitor calibrated? None of this matters without consequently using CM everywhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response Mylenium. I shall do some research into the your tip for CM and enabling proof previews. My current work around has been converting the AI layers into shapes and manually changing the colours from there. Although that work around fixes the colours, it is not ideal. Strangely not all the colours are importing incorrectly. Only some of them. Hopefully, your suggestion will be the solution I am looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines