• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Information

Guide ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this information gives colour combination of Grey colour at this point.

R means Red colour

G means Green colour

B means Blue colour

What is A mean? & what is the unit of 147, 26, 255.

111.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Alpha channels are only black and white. A White alpha channel equals no transparency. 255 is white in 8-bit color space. 1 is white in 32-bit. 0 is black, which means there is 100% transparency in any bit depth.

Only a few video formats support RGBA. That's Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha. Most are only RGB. If you have transparency in a composition, and you verify that by looking at the transparency grid or by using the Show Color Chanel tool (three little RGB circles about in the bottom middle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alpha Channel. Zero means the area under the Mouse Pointer (selection tool (v)) is transparent. If you are using 8-bit color, all values are 0 to 255. That can be confusing because 8-bit color is 256 values per channel. The info panel display only goes to 255 because the first number is zero instead of 1.

I almost always have my Info Panel set to Decimal because most projects are 16 or 32-bit. The values in a 32-bit project go from 0 to 1. I'm never confused. 1, 0, 0 1 is 100% red. .5, .5, .5, 1 is 50% gray.

I rarely work only in 8-bit. I mostly do compositing and visual effects, and that kind of project requires a wider color spectrum. You can change the Info Panel display settings using the Panel menu. It's the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner of every panel or just to the right of a Composition name in the Comp panel or timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case RED is selected. Alpha Channel is not selected, means it is zero? vide is attached.

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a tutorial where A is messured to use transperency. If A=255 (no transperency at all). What is the reason behind this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alpha channels are only black and white. A White alpha channel equals no transparency. 255 is white in 8-bit color space. 1 is white in 32-bit. 0 is black, which means there is 100% transparency in any bit depth.

Only a few video formats support RGBA. That's Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha. Most are only RGB. If you have transparency in a composition, and you verify that by looking at the transparency grid or by using the Show Color Chanel tool (three little RGB circles about in the bottom middle of the Composition Panel), you can see the Alpha Chanel of any layer. Try to render that comp to an MP4, and you won't get transparency. Everything that is transparent in the comp will be black in the render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines