• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining layers to assist with corner pinning

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an image using photogrammetry to model my home for projection mapping.  I then manually created an outline layer.

Marty2189345372oe_0-1640807807226.png

I want to combine layers in order to assist with corner pinning in dark at night which was hard to see projected image of house on the house.  My thought is the white outline will be easier to see for corner pinning.  Thank you in advance for suggestions.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what pre-composing is for. The most common technique in AE with so many use cases. I suggest you actualyl read the online help on the matter.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info.  I am replying with my results in case it helps another newcomer like me. 

I had tried pre-compose before and it did not work for me.  Your suggestion got me to try again.  The reason it did not work is my outline layer was set to a 'Guide Layer'.  Therefore, it did not show through.  So I have set the precomposed layer as a guide layer in my top level composisiton and this appears to work.  I will try again tonight when it gets dark.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Group the layers using pre-compose command ( cmd + shift + C ) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines