• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comment text vanishes when wrapping to 2nd line on macOS

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue: When entering text in the timeline column field, instead of wrapping to a second line or scrolling, the entire field appears blank.
  • Adobe After Effects version number: AE v23.1.0 (b83), v22.6.0 (b64)
  • Operating System: macOS Ventura 13.1
  • Steps to Reproduce: Show the Comments column in a timeline, start entering text that’s long enough to wrap to a second line. Column’s width doesn’t matter (can be narrow or very wide).
  • Expected result: The field show grow or scroll to continue showing text that the user is still entering.
  • Actual Result: Once the text field view tries to wrap to the second line, the entire field appears blank. Using arrow keys to move the cursor can show the first line again, but will vanish when moved to the second line.

I attached two screen recordings, one on macOS where the issue is present, another on Windows 10 where it’s working as expected. In the macOS video, At 0:15 I’m using the arrow keys to navigate the text field. When I move the cursor up, the first line reappears, but then moving to the second line vanishes again.

Unrelated, the Comments field in the Project panel behaves differently. It scrolls horizontally to keep the cursor in view, but the timeline Comments field scrolls vertically.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you spin down the timeline properties before you start writing a comment, you will get the whole field. You can't read long comments on either system if you don't spin down the properties. It's a little annoying but I don't remember it being any other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is when typing in the comments field, not just when trying to view what I’ve already written. My screen recordings show this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines