• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comp, Footage & Preview only show Green on Videos

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using AE. Why are videos all green? Is this a feature? How can I actually view and edit videos in AE
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/571029771

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant edit comments here? the video link i used was broken, here is a working one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok im not seeing the video above, this website is bugging out also. here is a link to the video: https://vimeo.com/571029771

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a photograph just in case clicking links on adobes website crashes your computer.

WHY.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is having problems decoding MP4 files. That is a common problem. MP4 is not a production format. The footage is almost certainly IPB compressed MPEG H.264. That means that there is one real frame, then a predicted frame created by looking forward, then a bi-directionally predicted frame by looking forward and backward, then, another real frame. The color is also compressed in blocks of 4 pixels. It doesn't take much to foul up the decoding and give you failed frames. The problem is made worse if the footage came from a mobile device or the web and it has a variable frame rate. 

My suggestion would be to transcode the footage to a production format using the Adobe Media Encoder and one of the production formats. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok so I changed the project settings from 8 bit, to 32, the problem persisted. I changed the project setting from 32 to 16 bit, the problem went away. Then I change the project setting from 16 back to the original 8 bit, and the problem still stayed away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines