• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comp Window DOES NOT UPDATE PICTURE

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this issue for some time now; over multiple After Effects versions. This occurs most often with vector files.

AE 2022, v22.1.1

Specs

Mac Pro (2019)

OS 11.6.1 (BigSur)

Processor: 3.2 Ghz, 16-Core Intel Xeon W

Memory: 192 GB 2933 MHz DDR4

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Pro W6800X 32GB

Drives: 2TB Internal Flash Drive where App and mdia cache lives; OWC Mercury Elite Pro Hardware RAID 0 USB 3.2 gen 1 4TB

When I open a composition, particularly one with vector files, the comp window is blank. This can last for 15 minutes or, sometimes, it lasts for 5-8min then finally the image appears. It can also happen with raster or video files too. I have tried emptying the caches, reducing the resolution, uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects, updating my graphics card driver. I move the timeline indicator around, I import that same project into a new project, to no avail. 

The only other option I see is to put all my project files on an SSD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I uplaoded a few images.

Thanks!

EricScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.16.50 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.00 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.17 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.21 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.25 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.29 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.34 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.44 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 1.17.59 PM.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Try to disable "Hardware Accelerate Composition..." in the Display preferences and see if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to disable "Hardware Accelerate Composition..." in the Display preferences and see if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will get back to you on this thread if it works or not. Thanks Ali! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ali JaberSo far so good, sir!! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the thread, Elmmaker.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: A few things to note regarding this. First unchecking the "Hardware Accelerate Composition..." in the Display preferences was great. Although there are still moments when the comp window is blank for several minutes before it finally appears with the image. I have found that clearing the cache is very helpful and can accelerate the process. I also found that attemtping to render a frame or movie can also help. Most likely due to the fact that a drive I am working on is idle. Once that drive spins abck up the image appears.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines