Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

comp won't show up in ae, tried everything

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anaverageperson_0-1682270567707.png

I'm not in Wireframe Mode, but everytime I try and upload something onto the timeline, the preview doesn't want to show me what's there. Instead, it shows a gray background. I looked for answers, but none of them were what I was looking for. What's going on here? I'm really triggered by this.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anaverageperson,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with After Effects! To help you out, I'll need a bit more information about your setup.

1. Could you please share your system specifications? (CPU, GPU, RAM, and OS version)
  2. What's the version of the GPU driver you're currently using?
  3. Does this issue occur in all your projects or just specific ones?

Looking forward to helping you out!

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When this has happened to me, it's due to the graphics card crashing part of AE.  If you look in task manager, you might see one of AE's sub processes is Crash Handler.  Close down After Effects, possibly restart your computer and everything should be back working.

If it keeps happening, change your project settings to software only (under the File menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines