• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility problems between After Effects and a Mac OS High Sierra computer.

New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on some after effects files at on a more up to date computer. I have travelled to my second computer, an OS High Sierra. The After Effect files in the creative cloud are greyed out, plus I cannot find  an old download of AfterEffects. I was working on this computer a month ago. Some of the apps in the creative cloud are greyed out...not just after effects. I really can't afford to buy a new machine and what I am doing can be made to be quite simple. (ie I can work in older versions...)

I have work to do on it, and in the past this has been seemless.

Any suggestions as to how I can:

1:Get a copy of After Effects that opens on this computer.

2:Carry on working on the files ( probably created in 23.1... but I'm not sure (as I can't open them!))

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Mac OS 10.13 hasn't been supported by the current versions of Creative Cloud or After Effects for a number of years now. It's unlikely you'll be able to get anything Creative Cloud related installed or opening on that OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.13 hasn't been supported by the current versions of Creative Cloud or After Effects for a number of years now. It's unlikely you'll be able to get anything Creative Cloud related installed or opening on that OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Yes, that built in obselenance has cost me a new computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines