• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition and playback problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with the composition and playback everytime I open my file it's always like this. I don't know if its a bug due to the update 18.4. I cannot preview my work. I tried restarting my laptop multiple times and it didn't work at all. I already tried cleaning the cache, nothing at all. This is annoying. Anyone who has a similar problem? 

1.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi Rick! I checked my composition settings for GPU Acceleration and change a few settings and tried restarting after effects. I'm still having issues. Nothing seems to work, and I guess my office laptop needs to be check. I'll contact my office IT support but for now i'll stick with version 17 since I'm not having issues with that version. Thank you for the support Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your composition panel is not open. Close the timeline, reset the workspace, then open the composition again from the Project Panel. You can reset your workspace by double-clicking on Standard in the toolbar and choosing Yes or use the Window/Workspace/Reset current workspace menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thanks for the info but I tried downgrading my after effects back to version 17 and resetting the workspace did work but after updating it to 18.4 and resetting the workspace the issue comes back again I can't see my work at all. It's plain black.

Fonso5CD2_0-1627959677034.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also the playback doesn't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how many layers you have in your comp but I don't see any layers that have pixels under the CTI (current time indicator). The first in-point I see is at about 14 seconds.

Add a text layer or draw a shape layer at the start of the comp and solo it. Move the CTI. If all else fails, share the comp. We don't even need the footage. The Color Control, Layer 1, is an adjustment layer so it won't render and I have no idea what effects have been applied to the layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks Rick! will do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick! Please see the attached video. As you can see I tried inserting a shape and also tried resetting my workspace but none of it works. I still can't see my work and also tried moving the CTI. I'll send another video but this time its version 17 of after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my video got deleted. Here it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, this time version 17. I downgraded to version 17 and everything seems to be okay. I don't know with the latest version. Too many bugs and issues. I guess i'll be sticking with version 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or maybe i'll try updating it close to the latest version and see what works for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check your GPU drivers? Did you try changing the composition settings for GPU Acceleration? (Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + K). Did you try changing the Preferences settings in the Display/Hardware Accelerate or changing Video Preview/Enable Mercury Transmit? You can get there easily by pressing Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ;

I suspect that you are experiencing GPU issues. I have 3 versions of After Effects running on my systems at all times. Beta (if you have access), The latest, and the previous (18 and 17). There is nothing wrong with having more than one version installed at the same time. It will provide you with options if you run into problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick! I haven't check my GPU drivers. I'll try to check it now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick! I checked my composition settings for GPU Acceleration and change a few settings and tried restarting after effects. I'm still having issues. Nothing seems to work, and I guess my office laptop needs to be check. I'll contact my office IT support but for now i'll stick with version 17 since I'm not having issues with that version. Thank you for the support Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines