• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition and Preview Panels

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been awhile since I used AE (2020) and getting things confused with other programs. Just completed a reinstall of AE 2020 via Adobe chat assist.

I'm at the beginning stage of laying out simple text, no special effects at this point, no 3D, and using the Standard Workspace.

I have 2 layers. One where an intial phrase appears, then a few seconds later where more text completes the sentence.  

ISSUE: When I press the spacebar to preview things, a smaller pop-up monitor appears to the right, and bottom of the Composition Panel, and I cannot see much of the playback. This hasn't happened in earlier projects with the same app version and system (iMac Catalina).

In the past, the preview took place front-and-center, in the Composition Panel. I am overlooking a setting somewhere, but where? Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

At the end of a chat session with Adobe Support, with no luck in resolving the issue with AE 17.0 on a Catalina iMac, the agent sent a weblink to install release version 18.0 (2021). *The current version of AE (2022) is incompatable with my older machine.

Release 18.0 did the trick. All is well, and kudos to Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to file ->project managment 

From the video Rendering effects : Change set the settings to GPU accelaration 

Restart After effects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but didn't see any options under File > Project Settings > Video Rendering Effects.

It all worked before the recent 2020 reinstallation. Any further thoughts?

*my graphics card is older, and entry-level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the icon attached to my October 2021 project file. I am not entirely sure what version I was using before... does the icon help identify the AE release version? txs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the end of a chat session with Adobe Support, with no luck in resolving the issue with AE 17.0 on a Catalina iMac, the agent sent a weblink to install release version 18.0 (2021). *The current version of AE (2022) is incompatable with my older machine.

Release 18.0 did the trick. All is well, and kudos to Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines