Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition Copies

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm new to AE and learning how to do compositions.  I successfully created and animated a callout title to be used on a map.   However,  I woul like to have alternate versions of this, so I copied the comp in the project panel and renaned the copy.   I then changed attributes of the copy,  however, when I changed them,  the same attributes were changed in the original.  So apparently then two comps were linked.   Can someone tell me how to make a copy of a comp that can be modified without affecting the original.    

Thank you,

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copies made in the Project Panel are unique. If the Comp has nested comps (Pre-comps), they must be duplicated and replaced in the duplicate main Comp. There are scripts that will do that automatically. Check AEScripts.com and look for True Comp Duplicator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably confused your orignal and the duplicate one. As Rick already explained, comps copied in the project window are separate, but that doesn't automatically apply to any nested comps inside them. Here's the official blurb on all that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/precomposing-nesting-pre-rendering.html

Having some scripts handy as already advised is always a good idea in addition to making it a habit to always rename your compositions, layers and even effects to something meaningful instead of relying on the default automatic naming.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines