• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition Resolution Bug?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my preview resolution in my comp window set to "Auto." When I would start transforming the image or applying affects, I noticed that it would drastically change into a wierd, glitched look. After troubleshooting a bit, I realized that when I set the resolution to full, the problem went away. So each time the auto resolution changed, the image would distort a ton. While Full Resolution looked fine, if I switched it to "Half" or "Third" or etc., the image would completely change. Each of the resolutions had their own effect on the image (I will attach screenshots below.) All of these happened just by changing the composition preview resolution, nothing else.

While the short term solution is to work in full resolution, is there anything I can do to fix this? Has anyone else experienced this?

FYI: My specs are Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12, Intel i7, Nvidia Geforce GTX780, 32 GB RAM.

Third.pngHalf.pngFull.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Hi KPDalton,

Which camera did you use to shoot this footage with? I'm assuming it's footage from a drone, which is often highly compressed H.264 at 4K. My suggestion is that you create proxies and/or transcode the footage (if your intention is to deliver it in HD). Please try a quick test clip and see if it behaves as you'd expect.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KPDalton,

Which camera did you use to shoot this footage with? I'm assuming it's footage from a drone, which is often highly compressed H.264 at 4K. My suggestion is that you create proxies and/or transcode the footage (if your intention is to deliver it in HD). Please try a quick test clip and see if it behaves as you'd expect.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KPDalton,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked by making proxy clips for the footage.

Thank you other Kevin.

-Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines