• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

computer shuts off while rendering

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've had after effects cc 2020 for over 2 weeks now and yesterday i started having a problem. when i render my edit, it renders for around 5 seconds of the edit and then my computer randomly shuts off and i have to restart it again. i've tried rendering many times and my computer keeps shutting off. if anyone could help me, please let me know.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No workflow, system, and project details = no chance for anything but a guess. You might be running out of system resources or you might have an incompatible GPU driver, or you might be using a corrupted source file. If we knew a little bit more about what you are tiring to do and how you are trying to do it, we might have a better chance of giving you some meaningful suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech specs please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem (when rendering video no message or anything just after some sec it turns oof totally my pc without any message-ADOBE pls make it at least check if it can render it since it doesnt make auto save before render it looks so )and it looks like it related to power supply ability, cos I just reinstal windows and it can not be any other problem since all drivers and everything I set up works fine.

Posible solutions:

1)buy more capable power supply,

2) run a check of power supply ability and see if its it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found online page that try to help to calculate https://www.newegg.com/tools/power-supply-calculator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The entire system turning itself off sounds like the CPU overheating.  It seems lke themost obvious explanation since it's happening during rendering.  You could run a temp monitoring app to watch the temperatures while it renders.  If that's what it is, check that your heat sink isn't clogged up with dust and applying a fresh layer of thermal paste to the cpu will likely fix it.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines