• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cone and cylinder animation with the lighting effect - 3D

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, anyone got an idea how to replicate that 3D shapes - cone and cylinder animation? Including the lighting effects? I wonder if it's possible to achieve in After Effects, or do I need to use the 3D program? I am not familiar with 3D animations, as you can guess... Many thanks for any tips! The video example is attached.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for writing in.

If I wanted to create this, I'd create the shapes in Illustrator or Photoshop and make them look like they are 3D. Import the file in After Effects and then animate the scale. The Lighting effect can be created by animating a shape and applying Glow and using blending modes.

Hope it help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. It sounds like a way to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's probably 3D, but as Nishu already suggested could sufficiently be created using Illustrator and AE. The disks are just extruded circles stacked on top of each other, the colors could be created using a gradient mesh overlay or using e.g. AE's 4 way gradient effect. The light sweep is just a strip moving through the stack with a blending mode like Add, spiced up with CC LightRays or similar "ray" effects. You'll find tutorials for pretty much everything based on the keywords I dropped in this post...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the tips. I will use the keywords. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines