• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configure Graphics for After Effects and Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using HP Z420 Workstation with Intel Xeon E5 2640v2 processor, Quadro K5000 graphics, and 32GB of ECC RAM. When rendering with media encoder using GPU CDA Acceleration, the export is failing. Although I have around 65GB of space left on my SSD. I've already cleared the disk caches and purges. Please help me configure settings in NVIDIA Control Panel for both the softwares.

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any details about the actual configuration, exact render settings, details about the project and so on we can't tell you much. The first thing to check would obviously have to be what the respective info panels in the preferences report and then you can take it from there. Everything else will require much more details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rendering a 22 sec intro 3d Animation in 4K using the YouTube 2160p 4K Preset. Renderer is Mercury Playback Engine with GPU Acceleration enabled. Please let me know if you need more information and that if I'm still not clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried updating the GPU drivers and, if possible, the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I've already updated all the drivers, plus I just purchased this machine so it's new, with Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact driver version? There seem to be a ton of issues with NVidias current 5.1xxx line, so maybe downgrading to an older 4.xxx version is actually the better strategy here. also as a test try and render a file directly from AE and/or enable more extensive logging with the "plus per frame Info" option to see if it's actualyl the render or soem effect that crashes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that, but right now I'm asking for the configuration to be done in NVIDIA control panel (please find the attachment) for the graphics card I've mentioned, optimal enough for After Effects and Media Encoder's 3D Video Editing Work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Attaching another pic from the panel with the driver version if  that's what you're asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines