• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CONSTANT crashing in AE 22.4 in C4D comp with extruded text

Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been awhile since After Effects has been horribly unstable, but damn, this is likely the worst case of it I've ever dealt with. I have a comp using the Cinema 4D engine. It's some text, extruded and lit with 3 lights. Nothing crazy. But After effects crashes about every 60s.

It's not anything I'm doing at the time– there is no consitency there. Sometimes it seems to be just the fact that this comp exists is causing it to crash– I'll open up the project, not touch a thing and then 30s later it crashes. I can access a different comp, eventually it will crash. It has crashed, as of this writing, 33 times. Needless to say it's near impossible to get anything done. Any insight?

I'm running it on a 10-core M1 Max macbook Pro with 64GB memory. My memory load at the time of the crash is not an alarm-given levels. 

I keep the comp resolution at ¼ to minimize load. I'm not using any plugins. I've got 6GB memory reserved for other applications. Multi-frame rendering has been turned on and off with the same result.

I am so very tired of this app working against me. Reminds me why I stopped doing so much motion graphics.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's something to do with the frame caching. It crashes either during the auto-frame cache (as is controlled by the Preferences>Preview>Cache Frames when Idle setting. Unfortunately you can't set it to 'off') and sometimes (though less frequently) with RAM Preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines