• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Crashing

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what all I can post to help describe the problem and the steps I've taken, but I went through and tried all of the online "solutions" I could and I contacted Adobe support. They've looked at my computer virtually and were not able to help.  

To back up, I started having problems with After Effects crashing and being very unstable around two to three weeks ago. I found/tried all the possible solutions I could and I contacted  Adobe support. No solution.

Then, by fluke, I did something like revert Media Encoder back to another version and got an error message and had to reinstall it (sorry, I did not make notes and I've forgotten what exactly I did). Miraculously, AE started working correctly again. Today, after restarting my computer, I tried using AE and ran into the same problems again. I tried to replicate what I did last time but it hasn't worked so far. 

My computer is fairly new with a decent graphics card (that also updated a few weeks ago - there was an error message in AE telling me to update it). I am tired of fighting with it when it seems to be a common problem based on what others have posted. 

Today, I tried unistalling AE and using an older version. Of course my files won't work with that version, so I had to go back to the latest one, 23.0.

I will reach out to technical support again, but they did nothing the last time and wanted to get rid of me by saying, oh look it's fixed and then it would crash (they did this a few times and finally just had to go). 

The problem is pretty basic, I will be editing a video and adding text, the text will stop working and the video will stop showing, preview doesn't work. I try and do something and it says not responding then when I X out, it asks to send an error report, which I do.  I can't work in there at all - it crashes within minutes of loading. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Sounds like you want to start using a font management utility that can manage and validate your fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

I deleted and readded my fonts (I use the Windows 10 font manager included on my computer).  It seems to have resolved the issue.  I agree it's related to the fonts, but I don't understand why removing and readding them resolved the issue. I will keep that in my backpocket if it comes up again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I write a bug report?

When following these steps, swap "Premiere Pro" for After Effects.

FAQ: How to fix common After Effects crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send the crash/bug report every time. When it crashes every 2 minutes, it is tedious to write out exactly what is happening. I had Adobe support come on my computer and were unable to figure out why it happens, but it happened repeatedly while they were on my computer. They did not gather any information about my computer, but I can submit it each time if it is helpful. The only solution I found was a fluke that I am not able to replicate.  

Some of the things I tried had to do with resetting preferences, checking the RAM and clearing my cache. I can't remember every step I tried - I searched the Internet and found some sites that offer suggestions. I've uninstalled and reinstalled AE and Media Encoder (the solution was a connected to this process the last time. Until I restarted my computer.) I've updated my computer and I see one thread said the latest (whatever version that was) update of Windows did this to AE. I am not a computer tech and I just need the app to work. 

I am now trying to learn Premier Pro since it seems to work at the moment and I need to get this project done. 

My computer 'about' details:

Device name DESKTOP-JNRV518
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID 7B6F274F-60F3-46D9-A0BF-CDC6E09782C1
Product ID 00326-11250-10002-AA991
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps I was taking - usually editing text.  The text stops being visible and the preview won't work. Then the program freezes. It happens within a couple of minutes of working in the program usually.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://cloud.xsplit.com/c/01GJX93X2MQP12JQVSGX9EZSQM

Here is a video of what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fonts do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like that is a pretty complicated question - there are hundreds listed. I have Adobe fonts, some I've added - but none added around the time this started happening.  

The one I am using is Franklin Gothic Book regular. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried switching to Times New Roman and it seems to work better... so is that a bad font file or?? I will keep working with it to see if it happens again with TNR. 

I 'spoke too soon'.  I went back to the file and it's frozen again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you want to start using a font management utility that can manage and validate your fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted and readded my fonts (I use the Windows 10 font manager included on my computer).  It seems to have resolved the issue.  I agree it's related to the fonts, but I don't understand why removing and readding them resolved the issue. I will keep that in my backpocket if it comes up again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this is of any use to anyone. You have not provided any actual system information or other relevant details like the actual crash reports or exact warning messages you got. Paraphrased and generalized descriptions really don't do it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is why I said I am not sure what I need to provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ðŸ¤¬ðŸ˜¡ðŸ¤¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines