• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill generate black fill after over an hour wait

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an VR ready laptop, that I use for training AI models and creating VR / MR applications with no issues, using a NVIDIA GTX 1080. 

I have just wasted an hour sat waiting After effects to render the content aware fill which is removing me from a drone video of 7 seconds. 

I went to the chinese, as was getting bored of waiting, it was on 25/214 after nearly one hour, came back 20 mins later, and it had stopped, and the fill was still black.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 times now! 3 hours sat around waiting for it to just fail. Another failed deadline thanks to Adobe! Problems with photoshop for the last two weeks that caused me multiple deadline failures on my part, now this! This video was suppose to be given to the client yesterday, is Adove going to compensate me for loss of work due to their bugs ?adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color graded clip from PP that was opened to create this now unrecoverable, is someone from Adobe going to respond ?adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug seems to be only when opening a clip from premiere pro in after affects, I have started again (had no choice, the last process destroyed the video) by clipping down the 7 second clip and opening it from the mp4, it has still be going over an hour, but it is now on 125 of 412, if this fails to generate the fill this really is the last straw with me for adobe, I will moving to Davinci, so many problems over the last two weeks. Not what you expect when you pay for professional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 hours waiting for this useless software to generate the fill, completed this time, but STILL no fill. Just nothing after waiting for 3 hours on this one. Done with Adobe, you have lost my custom, I getting a refund!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another three hours later, this is what you can expect from adobe professional software ? Screenshot 2022-02-24 035902.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe clearly care about their customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to fill that black hole in the middle of the shot, you are using the wrong tool. For Content-Aware Fill to have any chance of working, there must be similar areas around the area that needs to be filled. Removing a runner from a drone shot of a high school track would be the kind of shot you would use Content-Aware Fill to fix. It doesn't look like there is any content around the area you are trying to fill. Here's a fair example of how it is designed to work. 

You might have a chance if you created some Photoshop Files to fill the hole, then let CAF try and line up the Photoshop fix and warp it into position.  You have just picked the wrong tool because you failed to understand how CAF works.

I am assuming that is a Drone and the center of the round structure is moving through the frame. If it were my project I would have just used Mocha to track the surface and then used Corner Pin or Stabilized Power Pin to insert the fix. The whole job on a 7 second shot would have taken about 10 minutes including the render. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That black hole was the mask. I masked around myself and my shaddow, which is exactly what this tool is for. The ground surrounding me (That was masked over) was exactly the same as the rest of the ground. I finally got this working and it is terrible, it is all warped and looks really bad, due to issues with Adobe I have missed multiple deadlines this week. I seriously don't expect this low quality when I pay money for a product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be worth looking at the Mocha Pro plugin which supports 360 mono and stereo video and can be run in both AE and Premiere. It simplifies some of the pain points for equirectangular post. Here are a few videos: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines