• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content aware fill not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(AE 2021) trying to content aware fill a subject out of this footage but all it does id generate a fill layer that completely empty, practically useless. Ive watch many tutorials and I follow their instructions exactly yet i get the same error. I've also tried an older version of AE and it still doesn't work. I've only seen one other person online with this issue and that question is unanswered. I'd appreciate if I could get some help.

Heres some before and after images, as you can see the fill layer is there but its a png for some reason and it does absolutely nothing

Screenshot 2021-11-16 202102.jpgScreenshot 2021-11-16 202134.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried viewing the created Fill Layer in the Layer Panel? Does it look OK there? Have you checked the Fill Layer's Transform properties to ensure nothing untoward has been introduced? I just noticed your plate is a 3D layer. Is there a reason that it's a 3D layer? What happens if you set it to 2D and re-apply CAF and follow this with a Nesting routine and then turn the nested comp into a 3D layer; does this create expected results with a more refined and structured workflow?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a huge hole to fill. You are going to have to create a fill using Photoshop. Have you gone through the user guide on content-aware fill? Photoshop couldn't fill that hole automatically. There is just not enough surrounding information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look like you've used a reference frame (apologies if you have and I'm missing it), typically with content-aware fill the more info you have give AE the better.   In this case a reference frame could be used by AE to help fill in the blank space.

Edited to say - you can then bring this into Photoshop and fill in the space, then back in AE the software can use the still as a guide (or reference)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm late but I've been having the exact same problem and don't know how to fix it: Did you get the solution to your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm late but I've been having the exact same problem and don't know how to fix it: Did you get the solution to your problem?

By @Cesar29868449nve2

Can you post a screenshot of your workspace, it really does help identify the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captsssure.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is Content aware fill not showing in panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw this solution on Reddit for the same problem: https://imgur.com/a/vTDAXiU - Credit u/sskaz01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

absolute legend, I nearly slapped myself when i found out what the issue was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines