• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill 'Reference Frame' lost link - is not updating

Engaged ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really enjoying AE's new content aware fill tool, however there are still some instances where it doesn't work as well. I've found though, that for small sections of footage that need correction, just making a reference frame for each frame in photoshop is an alternative. Though sometimes when I'm working in the reference frame file in photoshop and I make a change, then save, it will not update in After Effects. It seems AE has lost the 'link' to the photoshop file. Does anyone know if there is a way to relink these?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - right clicking on the reference frame layer and selecting 'Open -> edit original' seemed to update with the linked photoshop file.

Leaving this thread open in case anyone else knows a better method for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to submit a query for the issue: sometimes the link doesnt update anymore after editing in photoshop. I need to close the aftereffects file and reload for it to get "resynced" with the link.

I wouldnt mind as much if theres a button to press if I need to just manually update it, as opposed to reloading the whole file each time.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come to the rescue!

I just came across the same issue, I tried so many different methods, but none of them worked, the edit original didn't work, only for one frame, until I tried something random and it immediately updated all my reference frames! Yay!!!

THE METHOD:

1. Select all your reference frames in your composition.

2. Right-click the frames, navigate the 'create' panel, then select the only option available 'Covert To Layer Comp".

3. MAGIC! THEY SHOULD ALL SYNC WITH PHOTOSHOP!

It worked for me just before and I assume it should work for everyone else. Saves all the time trying to individually convert them, and this option is only available for reference frames so it's pretty neat but tricky to find if you don't know where to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend, you saved me!

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me to link the PS file, but the Content-Aware Fill seems to just ignore the reference frame. In other words, the frames before and after my reference frame look nothing like my reference frame, and look identical to if I had never created a reference frame to begin with.

Anyone got any ideas?

(And yes, I'm selecting both layers before clicking Generate Fill Layer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a god among men! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it did the trick for me but... this wasn't part of the workflow, shouldn't adobe fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

create reference frame after effects not showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines