• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuous raster turned on, graphic disappears

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vector art file in my composition and whenever I turn continuous raster on, the art disappears. It is brought into After Effects as an .ai, Vector Art file type. What am I doing wrong? I need contonuous raster to be on so the graphic doesn't look pixelated when I export it. Thank you for any help you can provide!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's not going anywhere if you don't show us a screenshot of the artwork and provide more info about your project, the structure of the artwork and so on. From raster effects in the AI file to specific things in your comp like an effect applied on top of the layer this could literally be anything. Continuous rasterization isn't a magic trick, it still has some rules that need to be followed forit to work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, Mylenium. Let me give you more detail. Here's a screenshot of the file. I'm using the radial wipe effect on "merit" and "nonprofit professional development".  Those two disappear when I turn on continuous raster. They were files pulled from Canva, but they are vector. Please let me know if there is more info I can provide to help find a solution. Thanks so much!

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 9.36.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is more or less to be expected. Both obviously use gradients and if it was created in an app other than Adobe's own Illustrator, they usually are not compatible, meaning the rasterization engine cannot render them dynamically. You may have to forego CR and use the layers as regular pixel data and re-create the artwork at a higher resolution if quality is such a concern.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines