• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

convert AI to shape

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an illustrator layer with a couple of effects - grain and 3D but when i create a shape from it in AE it just turns into grey squares.  I read another post that said something about the order of the grouped paths etc but when I look into the groups and try to understand how I fix it Im not sure.  The only part that looks anything like my artwork is the fill.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

You answered your own question already - grain is a raster effect and so is the 3D stuff. AE has no way of re-creating any of that with its shape layers. You may want to refer to the online help on what features are actualyl supported, which is pretty much limiuted to basic fills, strokes and the actual shape paths.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered your own question already - grain is a raster effect and so is the 3D stuff. AE has no way of re-creating any of that with its shape layers. You may want to refer to the online help on what features are actualyl supported, which is pretty much limiuted to basic fills, strokes and the actual shape paths.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must ask why you are converting the AI layer to a shape layer. The only reason to ever do that is to animate the actual path, use shape layer animators, animate a gradient fill or animate a fill or stroke color, convert a vector path to a motion path, or change to the C4D rendering engine, make the layer 3D and extrude it. There are no other reasons to do the conversion, and converted layers, especially complex ones with many paths, always take longer to render than an AI layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I wanted to animate the path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines