Converting polystar to bezier path removes inner/outer radius SOMETIMES

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I convert a polystar to bezier and keep all my keyframes for inner and outer radius? Seems to be intermittently keeping them, can't figure out when/why.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea why it appears to have sometimes, but try this.

1. Set markers on the layer for where each set of keyframes are (this makes everything eaiser.
  2. Duplicate your polystar layer for each set of keyframes. 
  3. On your first layer, at the first set of keyframes, convert it to a Bezier path.
  4. Switch to the second layer and move to the second keyframes, and convert this to a Bezier path
  5. This gives you two paths, each with a shape corresponding to the respective keyframes.
  6. Expand, Select and Copy the second layer's path.
  7. Select the first layer's path, set a keyframe where the first keyframes were
  8. Move to the point of the second keyframes and paste the copied path into the first layer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, when I try to convert some of these polystars, it removes the points and makes it into an octogon/dodecahedron instead of a star! Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines