Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy multiple paths to positioj

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have Illustrator file with several lines and curves imported into AE, I have created shapes in AE using 'Create shapes from vector layers' option. Now this option has generated groups and paths for each  lines and curves created in Illustrator. I have around 50 groups with paths see attached images. I use trim path option to animate these curves. I have added an image(see attached image layer logo), my requirement is to make this logo image to follow the path. Now as I have around 50 paths i wanted to copy these paths in a single shot and paste it to the position of the layer logo, but I am not able to do so. I am beginner with AE, Currently I copy and paste each path to position which takes a lot of time. Please post if any one has answer to my requirement.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's pretty much how it works. I'm sure there is soem script out there that could facilitate parts of the workflow, but chances are it would require special preparations in illustrator like releasing each path to its own layer or specific naming conventions, so that would be no use after the fact. Otherwise AE simply has no way of knowing where your keyframes are supposed to go and what their timing should be. You're pretty much stuck with doing it manually, laborious and annoying as it may be.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines