• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Resizing Content to Different-Sized Projects?

Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CC peeps,

I just finished another project where I had to do three different size videos. 1080x1080, 1920x1080, and 1920x1080. I have my way for importing/exporting major comps from one to the next to avoid duplicate work, but I get the feeling my way is probably not the most practical, unsloppy (or fastest).

So I was wondering if anybody knew of any tutorials or methods that are most common for re-sizing comps from project to project? I could really use the exposure.

Thanks in advance for reading!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any such advise would require specific info about the contents, animation and what the outputs are actually for. that said, while sometimes it may be possible to create a super-efficient project where assets place themselves based on expressions, Essential graphics rigging and such across multiple comps, this will be the exception rather than the rule. It's inherent in some of the underlying principles - a square aspect image will always have different aesthetics than a non-square one. Even if the different placement can be rigged technically, extra work may be needed to actualyl make it look pleasing. That being the case, creating a master comp and importing it into the projects to be resized is pretty much a common workflow and there's nothing wrong, though of course there may be potential for some automation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines