• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not create Essential Graphic parameter because it refers to a non-existent layer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects for about a month on a Team Project where I am the owner of the project. I have MisterHorse animation composer installed for AE and have been using it in many of my comps. Last week when updating my CC, my apps upgraded to a new version PP 14.x -> 15.0 and AE 17.x -> 18.0. While it looked like PP had no issues with the upgrade, everytime I open the AE project with the linked comps, I have to click through 50-100 After Effects warnings, all saying: "Could not create Essential Graphic parameter because it refers to a non-existent layer."

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 2.39.11 PM.png

My project opens, but any layer created with MisterHorse is broken. At first I was able to see these layers fine, but my collaborator would only see the broken link/offline color bars in its place. Now after saving/syncing/closing/reopening AE, I am unable to see the layers and now I also see the color bars instead. I've replaced these bars with another MisterHorse layer a few times, but each time I close the project and reopen it, I get the same issues with the warnings and the layer turns into a color bar. Sometimes clicking on these broken layers in the comp will also cause AE to crash, I don't currently have the errors and logs for crashes. 

I would also see these artifacts in the Team Project which may be the underlying layer for my MisterHorse layers.

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 3.29.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 3.33.05 PM.png

Only MisterHorse layers are replaced with the color bars. Rendering from PP still works but this issue makes editing comps in AE impossible. 

How should I fix/move pass this issue? I don't know that I have access to the actual files since this is a Team Project, even though I am the owner of this project.

Please help. Thanks! 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gotten in touch with Mister Horse's tech support? They'll be the best to assist you.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland,

I got in touch with Mister Horse tech support. They looked at my file, and said that at some point the compositions I used were replaced in project by "placeholders". I think these replacements were happening whenever I sync/save/close/reopen the Team Project on Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope they've provided you with the know-how to replace the footage. Is everything now working as expected?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines