Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Could you help me please? All contents of my composition were displaced and disappeared.

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you help me please? All contents of my composition were displaced and disappeared. 

I was editing one pre-compose for 2 days and wasn't checking what was happening in the main composition "cc", it contains all important content of my clip. After two days editing one pre-comose I've noticed that everything in "cc" composition is displaced and disappeared but displayed on the left in the column as you see on the screen. There are a few small pre-composes left there (and it all displaced in a chaotic manner) but only that compositions that going after pre-compose that I was editing for two days and, of course, the only untouched and perfect final pre-compose that I was working with is there, in "cc". I was thinking that there is a problem with the timeline and I was right. Time of comsositiong was starting from 0:00:00:27 for some reason (it's a start of pre-compose that I was editing for 2 days, maybe the program thought that "cc" compositiong it is this pre-compose and I was editing for two days). I've changed it back to 0:00:00:00 to return everything to its place but nothing came back,  the main composition's just become longer, that's all. And all contents of this pre-compose that I was editing for two days are still in the start of the main "cc" composition. I just don't know what to do, how to return back normal "cc" composition with its full content and fix displacement of the content . I will be very happy if you help me!Снимок экрана 2021-04-15 в 05.23.22.pngСнимок экрана 2021-04-15 в 05.24.34.pngСнимок экрана 2021-04-15 в 05.24.45.png

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to un-trim your comp. You have to manually move your layers back into view - whatever other ill effects this may cause. Given the ghosted layer bars, everything is still there and accessible.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I drag it from the left column to the timeline and make a storyboard again manually? Because when I'm trying to move it back by hihlihting layers (cntrl/cmnd + A) , only pre-compose that I was editing for two days and what's going after it is mowing. 
 And could you tell me please, why did it happen and how to evoid similar situation in the future? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Impossible to know what you did after the fact. If manually dragging is goiving you a hard time, reveal the timecode columns and adjust the beginnings manually or download one of the many layer staggering/ shifting scripts from AEScripts.com.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines