Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't find main entry point (Mac)

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I'm developing an AE effects plugin on the Mac. It's been working on my machine for weeks, but today I gave it to a coworker for the first time. He dragged it into his Plug-ins folder, launched AE, and then got this message: "Couldn't find main entry point."

I see this question has been asked be several people over the years. I tried all of their assorted solutions, but none of them seem to work. My coworker and I are running the same version of AE, same Mac OS version, and we have the plugin installed in the same location. It's a simple plugin that doesn't use any 3rd party libraries or frameworks.

Can you think of anything I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

I found the solution. I needed to enable code signing in the project settings. I also submitted the plugin for notarization to Apple. That fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about how to install your developing plug-in. Would you reset the After Effects preferences of the Mac which encounters the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. I needed to enable code signing in the project settings. I also submitted the plugin for notarization to Apple. That fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please explain how you got the plugin notorized? Did you convert it to a intaller package (pkg)? Or a zip file? Or a dmg? It would be a real big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines