Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Crash on Startup; "Initializing required components"

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've cleared the media cache and preferences in both appdata and documents and reinstalled twice now, with no fix.

What's odd is I managed to get it working previously by having photoshop running before, now I have no luck with that.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific details liek actual system info and otehr stuff we can't tell you anything. Running off with vague descriptions is not in any way useful.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, didn't realize I should add that when posting and forgot to add it afterwards; to quote the thread I have about Premiere Pro:

I'm using the latest version of both premiere and after effects, I do not have another computer to test this on, it worked for *one* run on a separate user account on the same computer, then same errors on both programs, I've reinstalled these three times each now, and I am not going to reinstall windows before trying literally everything else.

Nvidia RTX 2080, Intel i7 9700K, 16GB RAM, 2.5TB total drive space, 4 partitions including C drive, 67GB free on C, >150GB free on all other partitions, Windows 10.

--

Every driver is updated, and the latest windows updates are installed too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue running on windows 10. I found another post that suggested running in Windows 8 compatability mode. Its worked with no issues since!

just find the AfterFX.exe file (likely at, "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\AfterFX.exe") then right click the file, > Properties > "Compatability" Tab and check the box next to "Run this progam in compatability mode for:" and select Windows 8. 

I have no idea why or how this works, but it fixed my issues opening After Effects, Audition and Illustrator. Hope this helps someone else!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines