Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crashes when importing psd files saved from photoshop 23.11

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't import any psd files saved from photoshop 23.11
going to guess it's more of a photoshop issue, because this version of photoshop has been the buggiest version i have ever seen in the 25+ years of using photoshop.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dyLS E,

Sorry for your issue.

I just tried importing a Photoshop file that I created in the 23.1.1 version and it worked as expected. Would you mind testing it with a different file and see if the issue persists? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and the exact version of After Effects?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ae- 22.2.0
I uninstalled photoshop and ae and reinstalled them both, then resaved the photoshop files. Ae hung for about 20 minutes, then it did finally import the files. It was a 1.2mb file. 

Previously it was freezing until it crashed with any file created with 23.1.1 and was fine with any files from previous photoshop versions. 
But yeh i think there is something seriously wrong with the latest photoshop with my setup. More often than not it crashes before it even gets past the load screen. 0 issues with previous versions that i've noticed

Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
Adapter Description NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details.

20 minutes is defineatly not ideal to import a PSD. Would you mind sharing the PSD here so that we can test? You can DM me the download link if don't want to share it publically.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines