• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes with MP4 files

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 23.3.0 crashes when opening mp3 file, also Premiere Pro don't open mp4 files?? Mov type files work well in both applications.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction:

AE 23.3.0 crashes when opening MP4 file, also Premiere Pro don't open mp4 files?? Mov type files work well in both applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the same MP4 files play in other software on your computer?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the mp4 files in question work well in the Final Cut Pro application.
A more detailed explanation below in Nishu's answer.

Br, Seppo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Seppo29014114wyrb,

I'm sorry to hear about the crash! Does this happen with all MP4 files or just specific ones? And where did you get the footage from? To better help you, could you share your system specifications like CPU, GPU, RAM, and OS version?

In the meantime, have you tried resetting your preferences? Here's a helpful link to guide you through the process: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after... Give it a try and let us know if it makes a difference.

Looking forward to helping you out!

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Now I found the guilty, but not the reason. Only mp4 files from my DJI Mavic Pro drone cause AE and Media Encoder to crash and Premiere Pro to freeze, but mp4 files from other cameras and applications work fine.
This is a new feature for the Adobe applications in question, previously those drone mp4 files have worked fine.
MP4 files from my DJI Mavic Pro drone work fine in Final Cut Pro application.

I have:

2,2 GHz 6-ytiminen Intel Core i7

-Radeon Pro 555X, 4 G Intel UHD Graphics 630, 1536 Mt

-16 Gt 2400 MHz DDR4 , 12 Gt to Adobe applications

- macOS 13.3.1 (22E261)

Thanks,

Seppo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seppo29014114wyrb,

Is this issue occurring with a specific MP4 file? If that's the case, I recommend transcoding the file using HandBrake or a similar tool. If you're able to open the file in Final Cut, you can use that for transcoding as well. Sometimes, media files can become corrupted, causing applications to malfunction.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

This problem occurs with all mp4 files I shoot with the DJI Mavic drone. All other mp4 files work fine.
This problem did not occur until two months ago, everything was working fine.

Yes, this can be handled by first translating with FCP, but it is quite slow in the long run.

Thanks,

Seppo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be comfortable sharing a sample file that replicates the issue? If you'd prefer not to share it publicly, you can send it to me via direct message.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a very small mp4 file for this. Also this little file causes my AE to crash.

Thanks,

Seppo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seppo,

Recording it on the phone might not work. Would you consider uploading the actual file to Creative Cloud and sharing the download link with us?

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent the file to Creative Cloud, not sure if I did it right.

Thanks,

Seppo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you send it via DM? It seems I didn't receive it. Could you please try sharing the link again?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Sorry, I don't understand what is "via DM"?
Can I send a file as an email attachment?

Personal information removed by Mod.

Thanks,

Seppo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Seppo,

Sorry for all the trouble. When you open my profile, you'll see a button that says "Send a message" (screenshot below). Click on it, and you can send me a direct message (DM).

If you'd like, you can reach us by phone or chat for 1 to 1 support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Please note that I removed your email address from your comment, as sharing personal information in the community is prohibited.

nishu_kush_0-1683298666684.png

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines