• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crashing and have tried EVERYTHING!!

Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I've tried everything.  I just cannot figure this out.

No plug ins.

The project is 10gbs but even if I open one comp within it it crashes.  Anyone see anything strange? It crashes when I try to change any item on the timeline.  Big or small.  It just crashes.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 2.13.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 2.13.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 2.07.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 11.12.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 11.11.51 AM.png

      I changed this folder for the cache to the one at the top but still doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 2.23.28 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something as simple as a complete reset of the application can solve simple issues, have you tried it? 

Here is how you can reset the preferences:

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching After Effects. You can release the Alt or Option key when the splash screen appears.

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Control-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you've tried "everything," but didn't specify, so we can only make guesses here. 

• Byron's suggestion of resetting preferences is the first thing I'd recommend.
  • Tried importing this project into a new, empty project?
  • Have you tried opening this on another machine, or sent it to a friend to try this? 
  • You said it crashes when you try to change something on the timeline. Can you safely navigate in the Project Panel? If so, you may be able to split this project into smaller pieces (using File > Dependencies > Reduce Project, and make sure to "Save As" so you don't lose your original!). This may help you figure out if there's a single problematic composition, or a larger systemic issue. 
  • Are you getting the crash pop-up that allows you to submit a crash report to Adobe? Similarly, if you activate logging (Help > Enable Logging), AE will generate a log of events, that an Adobe team member may be able to get more info from, if none of the above has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • I have submitted crash reports. I am away on our first trip in two years. When I walk in the door June 1st. I will be on it. AE is my addiction! Can't tell you how much I enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines