Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Create a Doctor Who (2005) Time Vortex in After Effects

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Trapcode Particular and CC Particle World tutorial.

Fantastic! After all these years, it turns out there’s a simple way to recreate a David Tennant era… I mean… Christopher Eccelston era time vortex. In this dual After Effects tutorial, I show how to take the particle tunnel / wormhole I previously made, and adapt it to match the 2005 - 2009 Doctor Who title sequence. And not only that, but then I also demonstrate how to reverse the direction of travel, swinging the camera around and changing the colour from blue to red. Just like the blue-shift to red-shift of the titles.

I do have to use a couple of expressions, but I promise they are easy to follow and won’t make AE go all wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.

Links mentioned:

This #AfterEffects #tutorial flies a camera down a tunnel of particles.Wormholes are cool and a sci-fi staple. You'd think you would need a full 3D package ...
This tutorial shows you how to fly a camera down a 3D motion path.Wormholes are cool and a sci-fi staple. You'd think you would need expect a full 3D packag...
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?