• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a mask with key in a clip

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use color range key, is it possible to create a mask from the matte around the object without using the pen tool? I want the mask to follow the object as it moves in the clip.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose the keyed result, use the auto-trace function in the parent comp.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Mylenium, you are always helpful! Is there a tutorial for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the auto-trace and its fine, but the new mask does not move with the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have worked now with auto-trace and there is two different settings, "current frame" or "current workspace" and in my case, working with a clip, the correct setting is the later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't need a vector path, all you have to do is use Set Matte to create transparency from any layer with high contrast or clarity. Color Range Key should have given you an Alpha Channel (transparency). You could use that on another layer with Set Matte, then Auto-trace the other layer or maybe Pre-compose the original layer and use Auto-trace on the new nested pre-comp.

Unless you are running out of resources for Auto Trace because of too many details or incorrect settings, Auto Trace should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx!

But can autotrace be used on moving objects in clips? What I can see the mask is not following my clip, just forms around the first frame, its static?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines