Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Shapes from Vector Layer: Text converted to outline

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I brought an illustrator file into After Effects (latest version). 

I converted the .ai file through "create shapes from vector layer" in the After Effects timeline. Once I do that, as you see the from the screen shot, the first half of the logo is fine. But the Energy Programs part only shows the outline of the two words: Energy Programs. In my .ai file, thse have a fill. 

How can I add a fill to each letter shape in After Effects?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will likely have to drill into the actual shape layer groups and reorganize them suitably. What you see pretty much indicates that you used a stroke type that isn't compatible with AE and could not be converted automatically.  That being the case, I would strongly urge you to actually read the online help on what features are supported and how to best prepare your AI artwork to avoid such problems.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I found a solution. I copied the fill effect from the letters that worked down to the shape that did not have the fill. Easy fix.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines