• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a mask from colors on another layer

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rendered video with different areas like sky and water color blocked and want to select those colors so I can mask out and change the brightness of those specific areas on a non color blocked render. I do this all the time in photoshop with still renders so I was hoping there would be a way with After Effects. I am working with something like this for example. cbexample.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not select anything, you manipulate the channels to generate a matte using effects like Shift Channels, Channel Combiner and so on. It's called an RGB Matte and by extension applies to object IDs, surface IDs or Cryptmattes. Based on these few keywords you can easily look up a bunch of tutorials that explain the workflows and processes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not so clear on what you need to do but you could use solids and then apply Masks to them, or directly use Shape Layers to do something similar to what you're showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines