• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a text leading property in Essential Graphics.

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Trying to create some text templates using essential graphics. I've added properties for everything I need, but can not get the leading to work.
Yes, I know it's not yet supported.

Was able to ALMOST find a solution by adding an expression (temp = thisComp.layer("Leading").effect("Slider Control")("Slider");

[temp, temp]) to my line spacing under the text animators. Created a null. Added a slider to it. Pick whipped the expression to the null's slider. It shows up and functions within my essential graphics, but is using both the x+y axis, so my text spacing is now being adjusted diagonally versus just moving up and down the Y axis like I need it ton (aka the text line spacing is moving both up and down, but also left to right simultaneously depending on slider input.)

Anyone have a workaround to this? Plz send help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

okay. I figured it out. In case anyone else has this same issue, just change the expression on your line spacing to [value[0], temp]; instead of the [temp, temp]; on the last line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay. I figured it out. In case anyone else has this same issue, just change the expression on your line spacing to [value[0], temp]; instead of the [temp, temp]; on the last line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful thanks!! I was in the same pickle and couldn't for the life of me get the slider to work. It was the fast that two values were being affected that was catching me out. Thanks much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This made my morning 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! You made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines