• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating all possible compositions when combining comps from two groups

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a reusable project for creating lettered bunting, that I can use to spell out different words, all in a consistent manner, and create the "physics" of the flapping etc just once.

I want to be able to have different options for the shape and colour of each lettered "flag", but don't want to have to create these manually.

So, I have two groups of compositions

• one group of 26, each containing a simple text layer, displaying one of the letters from A-Z
  • the other group of 5, each of which is a different coloured shape.

All compositions have the same dimensions, frame rates etc.

Is there a way of automatically creating a group of all 130 possible combinations of one composition from the first group and one from the second group?

Alternatively, is there a completely different approach I should take?

Many thanks - James

TOPICS
Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if it's just 130 comps, then this is a measure of one cup of coffee or two, a bit of patience and just chewing through it. Unless you are a scripting wizard who can whip such a thing up in a few minutes, anything else would take much more time than manually just stepping through it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines