• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating and Using Call Outs with 3D Camera Tracking

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to make call outs like these and get them to track the way they do in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdHO0I_AOWs

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or guidance! Much appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

entirely depends on the specifics. The example you linked clearly uses animated pre-comps for the actual texts and the lines could be as trivial as placing a thin, long solid in 3D space and scaling it to the right length. You also have a misunderstanding there: While it may be useful to rely on using the features to create texts and nulls based on the tracking points, it#s realyl merely a shortcut. Once the camera has been solved , you can just as well freely place your 3D layers in the comp ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what specifically do you have difficulties with that a basic YouTube "callout tracking" tutorial couldn't tell you? You need to be more specific if you really have issues. Otherwise there's literally thousands of tutorials on this and a simple web search brings them up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and yes, I've been watching many callout tutorials! : )  More specifically I'm questioning if there exists a "go-to workflow" for 3D camera-tracking callouts.  Is it best to build the callout as a precomposition, then use the 3D camera tracking points to create a null to parent the callout or a solid to replace with the callout?  I'm new to After Effects and amazed at its capabilities and thankful for this support community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

entirely depends on the specifics. The example you linked clearly uses animated pre-comps for the actual texts and the lines could be as trivial as placing a thin, long solid in 3D space and scaling it to the right length. You also have a misunderstanding there: While it may be useful to rely on using the features to create texts and nulls based on the tracking points, it#s realyl merely a shortcut. Once the camera has been solved , you can just as well freely place your 3D layers in the comp however you want, give or take specific orientation and scale issues. realyl no need for auxilairy constructs that you will replace/ delete later on...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you, it may be a week or two before I test it out, but will report back on my results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium, just wanted to follow up and let you know what I ended up doing!  I followed your leading to simply create the callouts using the 3D Camera Tracker option: Create Text and Camera. I then created my lines using shape layers and the Beam effect. I parented the lines to the 3D Text.  Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Also discovered a way to add transition effects in between clips, although that's usually done in Premiere Pro.  My video footage was edited in Visualize, therefore out of necessity I had to figure out a way to create transitions in After Effects without it affecting each whole clip. 

I was able to do this by dividing each clip into two clips (Ctrl + Shift + D), right at the 1.5 second mark.  Then I added the transition effect to the 1.5 second clip. Together with the remaining part of the clip positioned adjacent in the timeline, the transition plays seamlessly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i inderstand

i think you need this script is Create Nulls from paths will help you a loot 

just create the nulls from the path of the shape layer(line) and link it with the null that you track it

i hope that will help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'll definitely try that and let you know how it worked out in a few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines