• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating (Realistic but) Animated aka Animetized Frosty Breath In After Effects

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I use Trapcode Particular to make Frosty Breath look like the ones in the file attached to this post to make it look Animated OR Animetized using Adobe After Effects?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you even use Particular? Clearly the example you provided are just simple masks with an inner glow and additional blurs. Unless you are looking for something completely different, just use this simple approach.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you even use Particular? Clearly the example you provided are just simple masks with an inner glow and additional blurs. Unless you are looking for something completely different, just use this simple approach.

Mylenium

By @Mylenium
  • Your Question: "Why would you even use Particular?"
  • My Answer: "Trapcode Particular creates the Frosty Breath, as explained here."

• What you said: "Clearly the example you provided are just simple masks with an inner glow and additional blurs."
  • My Response: "Can you show me how to do that?"

• What you said: "Unless you are looking for something completely different, just use this simple approach."
  • My Response: "What do you mean by something completely different?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for me is the Amount & Timing of the Frosty Breath when someone (breaths, but mainly) speaks, as you can see below::right_arrow_curving_down:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Took three minutes...

Smoke_Puff.png

All you need to add is animate the scaling and positioning of the path and of course the opacity. That also easily takes care of any timing issues without having to worry about a particle system spewing out smokelets at the right time and in the right amount. Plus this can be endlessly modified with Roughen Edges, blurs, color effects to give whatever look you want/ need.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines