• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating video from stills_import problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I recently made a short promo video for my work using After Effects. I created some stills and imported them, then output them as video. All fairly straightforward. But today i tried to do the same thing and it wont work!!! There is an 'Import As' option when you are specifying files to import, and it should allow you to import files as footage. But for some reason, that option is grayed out. Its drib=ving me NUTS that i did it once but cant make it work again. Any ideas? Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to select a file before you have the option. Select one of the jpg files and you should be able to import it. If you have "... Sequence" selected clicking on any one image will create an image-sequence movie. There is nothing wrong with the UI.

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field. You can even select an image, copy it, and paste it directly to the reply field on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick. Yes that was what was happening before, but something has changed unfortunately. When I click on a file, the 'Import As' function grays out. See image A. However if I change all the images to psd's, the 'Import As' function works. See image B. But then, it will not make a composition. It brings each file in as an individual file. Its infuriating. I did it twice yesterday with no problem. Only difference being, I updated the app last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines