• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cryptomatte crashes almost every time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced extremely buggy performance using cryptomatte?  I can apply the effect to an EXR and see the color channels, but as soon as I try to click the whole application hangs.  This has been happening for me since version 21 and continues in the latest update.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the EXRs, from which renderer they were created, their exact specs, the number and types of channels and IDs, info on your system and so on we can't really tell you much. From simply running out of memory when there's a trillion IDs and channels to something in the actual data having changed this could be anything. There have a been issues with Extractor et al lately, but they all appear to be rather specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum won't let me attach EXR files apparently.  I've uploaded a frame via WeTranser here: https://we.tl/t-zPEU2Vudl3.  The EXR is created using the latest version of Vray renderer in 3dsMax 2022.  Cryptomatte can see the channels, but when I click on one in the composition viewer, the application stops responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are empty CM channels? Perhaps that's throwing off the whole thing. It might be worth a test to get rid of this data, however it is being generated in MAX/ VRay. The file itself appears okay otherwise.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines