• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSV Data-driven Animation Templates randomly not updating text when exporting in AME

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I might be asking something too specific, but I've had repeated instances (across MacOS BigSur and Windows 10 - latest version) when using data-driven animations that I need to create on a daily basis (about 25 versions per day) with .csv files.

Sometimes, the text doesn't update and it leaves the deflaut placeholders (see below for incorrect data), even though it works with other animations. 

Live Watch_Moment.jpg

Then, if I try and re-export the same "faulty" comp, it can either repeat the issue or fix it (see below for the correct version), quite randomly.

Live Watch correct_Moment.jpg

All the while the updated data show up fine in After Effects, this is really an AME-centric issue.

I am planning to fully automate these daily exports, and such a seemingly random bug would throw a massive wrench in the gears.

Has anyone else experienced such issues and has any fix been found?

Thanks very much for you help.

Note: Changes to the .csv files are done in Excel (both for Mac and Windows) and are saved and closed before opening the AE file.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's as trivial as regularly flushing the AME caches before render and cleaning out all temp folders with older temporary AE projects from previous runs. other than that it's realyl one of those annoying things about random errors - if you can't see a pattern, we certainly can't. perhaps a monitoring tool like Sysinternals' ProcessExplorer can also enlighten you in terms of which file versions it's actually using and what caches.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response, I will look into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines