Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

currapted file in AE?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am working on an After Effects file, and a few days ago it sent me this error:

"chunk in file is too big - probably unsupported file version. (33::7)"

Plus it changes the name of mt file from "scene_01" to "scene_01.6612.10392" on its own...

I can't open the AE file in any of the computers I've tried it on (I tried 3), and I can't import the file into a new AE file, it doesn't read any of my files. I couldn't find any older versions, and couldn't find any autosaves, for some reason I don't even have an autosave folder.
In case it makes any difference, I was working on an external device. Of course I saved everything an ejected it properly.
And in case you were wondering, I was working on the 2020 AE version, so I'm not sure what is the matter with the version part. Tried to update it to the latest one, didn't help.

Do you hae any idea what I can do? It will make me very happy.

Thanks in advance!
Tali

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm, your issue only extends to this one specific file? 
Were you using third-party plugins or effects? Those are usually the best first place to investigate when a file goes bad.
Have you tried creating a new/empty AE file, and importing this one into that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines