• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Darth Vader sounding cached preview playback

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I'm using two systems. The first one is a Surface laptop with an 11th generation i7 processor running at 3GHz, with 32GB of RAM. The project runs fine on this system and I can use the number pad 0 playback without any issues.

On my desktop, which also has an 11th generation i7 processor, but runs at 2.5GHz with 64GB of RAM, I experience some audio problems. After playing for about half a second, the audio turns into slow, Darth Vader-like voice. I've uploaded a screenshot of my preview settings as well as a screen capture of the issue I'm experiencing.

I believe the problem might be due to the fact that both systems are using internal video. The Surface laptop has the Intel Iris XE graphics card, while the desktop has UHD 750. Do I need to get IT to order me an actual GPU?  Or is there some setting somewhere I am missing?  I should note that the RAM available is set to 58GB on the desktop.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comp is not playing back in Real Time because it has not been cached completely and you are not waiting long enough, or the Comp frame rate does not match the Preview Frame rate (it should be set to Auto), or the comp resolution is too high for real-time playback, or you just didn't wait long enough for the preview to render completely.  There is a setting in Preferences, press Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ; that mutes the audio until the preview is real-time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd thing...I checked the mute until cached box, ran the preview and it was good.  Went back, unchecked the box, ran a different preview with more effects and it was still fine. Very confusing.  But thank you for pointing me in that direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines