• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deform an image along a path (= rotation for non-circular shape)

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to have your opinion on how could I move and deform an image along a path.

Let me explain: I have this roulette image.

I'd like to create an animation so I could move the whole image around this rounded rectangle path. Basically, the whole thing would loop. If it was a perfect circle, I would just apply a very basic rotation animation. But, of course, it doesn't work for a rounded rectangle shape.

I guess I need to work with a "plane" roulette image, to which I would apply a distort effect, but I can't figure out which one.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot!

Capture d’écran 2022-08-29 à 16.07.13.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only really simple way would be the BAO Snake plug-in on AEScripts.com. Otherwise this is a case where you build the stuff in pieces and animate them in sync. The corners are actually just a rotating full circle cut in half and used two times with different timings and the strips likewise would just be very tall/wide comps with the numbers looping e.g. with Motion Tile. A bit of masking in the parent comp et voilà.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much this is exactly what I wanted! Awesome plugin 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines