• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete part of an animation without replacing it

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use the Tinkerbell animation from the Disney intro. But only Tinkerbell herself, the "stardust" that sprinkles from her magic wand and the arch she creates with it. I've managed to delete the blue background with the 'Keylight 1.2' from the 'Effects & Presets' menu. But I can't figure out how to erase the letters and the castle-logo. When I erase them with the 'Eraser Tool', Tinkerbell disappears when she enters in to those areas later in the video. 
The videos I find when searching for a solution, are all about replacing moving objects in a video. I don't want to replace the letters and castle logo. I want to remove them completely. But I still want to keep the fairy, the stardust and the arch.

The first clip is the original video. The second clip is a screen-recording of my progress in After Effects, where I've managed to delete the background.

The video is only for private use, so there's no copyright infringement.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The procedures aren't different regardless if you replace something or just delete it. In your case you'd simply use additional masks after you've pre-compose the keyed stuff. Of course the twinkles will still disappear. There is no layers or real 3D depth. That's why in such a case most artists would simply re-create it from scratch with particle systems. So one way or another you have to invest more work and use additional techniques.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest rendering what you have using the Composition /Pre-render menu. This will give render a production quality master with an alpha channel and import it into your Project.

When that is done, create a new comp with the Pre-rendered footage, add Mocha AE and start the process of Rotoscoping Tinker to remove the rest of the background. You'll find instructions on that workflow here.

When you get proficient at Rotoscope work in Mocha AE, it may take you a couple of hours to remove all of the background. 

When that is done, you can use one of the particle generators in AE to add sparkles that fairly closely match the originals. 

I can think of no more efficient shortcuts that will solve your roto problem. You might even be better off just doing all of the work in Mocha AE and forgetting the Keylight process. You may bet cleaner edges. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines