Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Deleting old plugins

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have old Red Giant Plugins that are still showing up in my after effects effects panel. I got rid of them years ago but its still showing up in my effects panel. They are not in the plugins folder. I have the new versions of Red Gaint installed, so now there are duplicates of every Red Giant effect in the panel. The old versions and the new versions.

Does anyone know how to delete old plugins that still appear in after effects?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021
Hmmm. In a Terminal window, type this:sudo find / -iname *particular* -printIt will take a while and search your whole computer, but should find your Particular plug-in wherever it is.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-check again. there may still be duplicates in an invisible plug-in cache/ MediaCore folder inside one of the mysterious Adobe folders.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I access or see invisible folders on a mac?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac, the plug-ins should be installed in:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

In Finder you can use Go > Go To Folder… and paste that path in.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not in that folder. Thats why this is super confusing! I can't even do a computer-wide search for it.

I've even reset the program to factory settings and they still pop up. I feel like I can't be the only one who has this issue...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. In a Terminal window, type this:

sudo find / -iname *particular* -print

It will take a while and search your whole computer, but should find your Particular plug-in wherever it is.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That worked!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines