Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developing Plugins with Metal Acceleration on M1

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I am developing plugins with the AE/Premiere Pro SDK. I have been able to get the Vignette sample running great on my M1 Mac when I save it with Intel architecture and run AE in Rosetta, however, when I try build the plugin for Apple Silicon and run AE in native Apple Silicon, the plugin doesn't show up.

If I remove all the Metal references, then it shows up and works fine (in CPU mode only of course).

Any insight on how to get metal acceleration working for plugin development on Apple Silicon?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022
I figured it out. Turns out, there's nothing special you need to do to get Metal acceleration working on Apple Silicon. I had just forgotten about something that I originally had to do to get plugins working on Apple Silicon, which Adobe frustratingly hasn't included in the example projects (it's only mentioned once in the SDK guide). It's that you have to add

CodeMacARM64 {"EntryPointFunc"},​

right above

CodeMacIntel64 {"EntryPointFunc"},

in the .r file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. Turns out, there's nothing special you need to do to get Metal acceleration working on Apple Silicon. I had just forgotten about something that I originally had to do to get plugins working on Apple Silicon, which Adobe frustratingly hasn't included in the example projects (it's only mentioned once in the SDK guide). It's that you have to add

CodeMacARM64 {"EntryPointFunc"},​

right above

CodeMacIntel64 {"EntryPointFunc"},

in the .r file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue here, but even after doing that After Effects hangs on creating a compositiong when I run the plugin with the debugger attatched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines